1. Chose a compelling story. Make sure you can answer this question: Why should we be interested in this?
2. Get permission from your subject to create a story about them.
3. Make sure you have a USB to save your work in or are able to save and email your photos and InDesign file to yourself so that you can work on them again.
4. Today in class you should have with you, at least one photo for your article. Edit your first photo for your article using Camera Raw and photoshop. You want all your photos in the article to have them same "look" to them. This includes white balance, sharpness etc. Remember that in photojournalism we are not completely altering our photos.
5. Setup you page size, margins etc. when you open a new document in InDesign. Make sure the total page size is 8.5 X 11.
6. Today in class, in InDesign create the title page of your article, placing graphic frames and text frames where you think you'll want them. Create a catchy title and find a font style that fits your topic.
7. Within the text frames type out everything you know so far about your subject. Answer: Who, What, When, Where, Why, How? Make sure you write in a style that people will want to read. You are not just listing facts!!